| HOME |
Remote sensing basically deals with imagery, and both Matrix and Image objects
of Noobeed can be thought of a data structure to store an image. While a
position in a Matrix is referred to by an index, row and column, a location on
an image is x y coordinates. An Image object is in fact a Matrix with
known spatial location. Hence it is preferable to use an Image object,
rather than a Matrix object, when spatial location is known.
When dealing with a color image, an Image_rgb
object can be used. It is basically the same as an ordinary basic Image
object (Image_uch, Image_sht, Image_int, etc.). However, an Image_rgb
object consists of 3 Matrices for its member data, as oppose to 1 Matrix for a
normal image, to represent R, G, and B band.
following are list of built-in functionality available for remote sensing.
Please see section Example in Matrix for additional functions that are not
- Image enhacement (linear stretching,
stretching with saturation, histogram equalization, histogram matching)
- data reassignment, reclassification, lookup
- graphic drawing on an Image, using x y
image rectangular coordinate (line, poly-line, text, circle, ellipse, rectangle, square, symbol,
- resample at any x y coordinate (nearest,
- Image rectification (Geocoding) by 4 types of
transformation (conformal, affine, projective, and 2nd degree polynomial) with
3 types of resample available (nearest, bilinear, and bicubic"). Bounady
of the final result is automatically determined or user defined boundary is
- Image reprojection, over 10 map projections,
some 30 predefined ellipsoids and over 150 predefined geodetic datums are
- SPOT satellite image modeling and
orthorectification, using collinearity condition and without orbit
- slope map (x y or max) aspect (direction of
max slope) and shade relief map generation.
- image mosaic with feather capability (seamless
- RGB and HSV transformation
- ability to assign value, turn on and off of
The following are some of examples.
| HOME |